- Tilbury Green Power Limited (“TGP” or “the plant”) is a renewable biomass power plant fuelled by waste wood, within the Port of Tilbury.
- It is one of the largest biomass plants in the UK and plays a valuable role in the UK meeting its targets for climate change and a low carbon economy, in particular energy production from renewable sources.
- The plant generates up to 335 Gwh or renewable energy per annum.
- The plant was designed and constructed to robust specifications with proven modern technology.
- The plant is one of the few large scale plants in Europe which can utilise waste-wood grades B and C. Due to the lower grades of wood, this does not conflict with material which can be recycled into products such as panel board. These grades of wood are non-hazardous and are sourced from the household waste recycling centres and direct from construction and demolition sites so the energy recovery of the material is a vital part of the waste hierarchy.
- TGP is committed to maximising the local and regional benefits of the Plant through the:
- Promotion of job opportunities within the local area;
- Promotion of equipment and material supply opportunities within the local area;
- Creation of apprenticeship opportunities where possible; and
- Promotion of the Plant’s sustainable and renewable values through local community liaison in part via the Tilbury Liaison Committee. Members contact details can be found in the contact us page.
© Copyright Tilbury Green Power Limited 2016